top of page
  • Writer's pictureJinxia Wang

Graphic designers now among film and TV workers who can get expedited work permits

A new public policy allows graphic designers working on film and TV production in Canada to skip the lengthy and expensive LMIA process.

If you are a graphic designer working on a live-action film or TV show, coming to Canada just became easier.

Canada recognizes the value film and TV production contributes to the national economy. IRCC is making it simpler for graphic designers who work on films or TV to come to Canada. As of September 10, 2021, these people no longer need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) in order to get a Canadian work permit. This policy will last until March 9, 2022.

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page