top of page
  • Writer's pictureJinxia Wang

Certified translation for immigration to Canada: What you need to know

If you apply to immigrate to Canada, you will be asked to submit supporting documents with your application – for example, your birth certificate, marriage certificate, criminal record, or education credentials.

This applies to applications for permanent residence through Express Entry, as well as applications for work permits or family sponsorships, among many other immigration pathways.

If your documents are in a language other than English or French, they must be accompanied by an official translation of the original document in English or French. The translation will have to include any seals and signatures and all elements appearing on the original document to be considered complete. The translation will also have to bear the name and signature of the translator.

Who is a certified translator? A certified translator is a person who is a member in good standing of an organization of professional translators and interpreters in Canada or abroad. A translator’s certification may be confirmed by a seal or stamp indicating his or her membership number in the professional association with which they are affiliated.

19 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page